Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My Favorite Writing

I can't really say that I've ever had a favorite writing. My usual day at work starts with going through the recent technology and social media news, which interests me. There are various sites that I enjoy reading, including Mashable, TechCrunch, and Joystiq, that cover the industry that I would like to work in. Some of my favorite pieces to read are the "HOW TO" articles from Mashable.

A recent one that I bookmarked was HOW TO: Build the Ultimate Social Media Resume. These articles take relevant topics on new applications or technologies and give readers a simple, yet thorough, walk-through (kind of like an online version for Dummies). This article uses specific words that stood out to me like "personal brand." I feel that in the diminishing economy it is necessary for a person to highlight their unique skills and experiences. This article really gives the reader a sense of what tools to use and how to use them to build a social media resume.

1 comment:

  1. What this post needs is a couple of specific examples.

    So, what are a couple of the words that stood out like a "personal brand" to you in this story? And why?

    8/10

    ReplyDelete